Architectural Heritage 26 results
  • Gróf Palace

    It is a determinant building on Tisza Lajos Boulevard being the biggest protected monument built in secession style in Szeged.
  • St. Demetrius Tower

    Outside the Votive church stands the Saint Demetrius Tower, the oldest architectural relic of the city.
  • Szeged National Theatre

    The theatre opened in 1883 is one of the most beautiful eclectic neo-baroque buildings of the town rebuilt from its ruins
  • Móricz House

    The secessionist style, four-storey historic building stands on the southern side of Saint Steven Square.
  • Serbian Orthodox Church

    The Serbian Orthodox Church stands on the northern side of the square, close to the bank of the River Tisza.
  • Protestant Church

    The building designed by Frigyes Schulek, completed in 1884, is also called the 'Cockerel church' owing to the figure decorating its tower.
  • Márer House

    Owing to the playfulness, extravagant animation and asymmetry of the facade, this beautifully renovated building is a unique example of the geometric Art Nouveau.
  • Twin Villas

    The dwelling house of two upper vocational school teachers on Lechner Square exemplifies excellently that the novel spirit of the Art Nouveau inspiringly influenced the attitude of the contemporary middle class.
  • Deutsch Palace

    It was designed by Mihály Erdélyi with majolica ornaments in green, blue and orange and built between 1900 and 1902.
  • Attila József Education and Information Centre

    The education and congress centre of the University of Szeged.
  • Appartemant House / Iron House

    The Iron House was given its name after its spectacular shape. Looking from a distance at its facade sectioned by the strikingly marvellous, masterly executed corner pinnacle, ledges and bay windows, we may suppose that it is a historic monument.
  • City Hall

    The present City Hall is the third building in the same place with the same function. The first building of a modest design was raised in 1728. It was followed by the second one with the same area as the present hall, designed by István Vedres at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries.