30s’. Later a huge pool was constructed in the middle of the square and in 1966 a fountain was built in it.
The colorful pomp of the neatly planted flower beds changes with the seasons and we can walk in the park on a yellow stone path. During our walk we will see the statues of János Reizner, Ferenc Móra, Kálmán Mikszáth, István Tömörkény, Gábor Klauzál, István Markovits and Gyula Juhász.
Until 1950 the fish market had been held here and until the great flood it had been called the Fish Square. Here ran the narrow-gauge railroad that provided transportation to the rural areas and did 77,7 kms until Pusztamérges.