Szeged Tourinform
http://szegedtourism.hu/sandorfalva-2/

Sándorfalva






The town, located 12 km northwest to Szeged, was founded on the area donated to the victims of the Great Flood of 1879 from Algyő by marquis Sándor Pallavicini. The name of the city commemorates its founder. The city with a population of 8,000 proudly preserves the significant events and remaining venues of its 130 year-old history. Among them the most outstanding places are the Pallavicini Castle restored a couple of years ago and the house where Sándor Budai known as a zither carver and naïve painter was born. The permanent exhibition in the castle displays the history and everyday family life. Their objects, furniture and documents were donated by the members of the family alive. The Estate Room and the room named after sculptor Kristóf Kelemen show the history and folk life of Sándorfalva. By looking at different documents and pictures of the time, those interested can gain some insight into the past of the city. The Banquet Hall of the castle provides fine surroundings for ethnographic shows and the temporary exhibitions of the works by local or Sándofalva related creators, artists and craftsmen. The large room functions as a venue for balls, conferences, weddings, and owing to its excellent acoustics it also functions as a concert hall.

Information


www.sandorfalva.hu 1

Links:
  1. http://www.sandorfalva.hu