Indóház square is one of the gates of Szeged, as most of the visitors who come to the city by train, arrive here. The square has been playing an important role in the life of the city since 1854, the inauguration of the first railway station of Szeged. In 1902 the new building of the railway station was completed. Since 1908 there has been a tram line connection between the square and the Rókus railway station. In 2011 the square was completely renovated.