Parks, Squares, Gardens, Rivers 14 results
  • Széchenyi Square

    The western walls of the castle built on the bank of the River Tisza in the 13th century were situated in the present Széchenyi Square...
  • Botanical Garden

    When the University of Kolozsvár moved to Szeged in 1922, the city donated a land of 20 kh to it to establish a botanical garden.
  • Maros backwater

    The maros backwater was separated from the bend of river Maros in 1860 as part id the river-contolling operation. Now it is a more that 4 km long oxbow with a width of 10-15 m.
  • Saint Steven Square

    A nicely created park and a curiosity in the history of industry, the country's first water tower made of reinforced concrete await visitors in Saint Steven Square.
  • The River Maros

    The complete length of the riveris 725 km, out of which only 48 km pass through Hungary.
  • Béla Rerrich Square

    The square was named after the designer of the building complex in Dóm Square, the first remarkable figure in Hungarian landscape architecture.
  • Gergő woods

    The nature trail starts at the New Szeged-side of the Bertalan bridge, goes directly on the coast of the river Tisza and ends at the mouth of the river Maros (appr. by the memorial place of the old dike-reeve house). The walk is around 3 kilometers long.
  • The River Tisza

    The river Tisza is the longest river in Hungary, it has its source in the Eastern Carpathians and it meets the Danube flowing through Serbia.
  • Dugonics Square

    The square was named after the piarist priest and teacher András Dugonics, the writer of the first Hungarian novel (Etelka, 1788).
  • Dóm Square

    The square with exactly the same area as the Saint Mark Square in Venice (12,000 sq m), bordered by elegant, northern European style buildings.
  • Stefánia

    You can see the remnants of the gate Maria Teresia of the former castle behind the museum.
  • Klauzál Square

    The value preserving reconstruction of Kárász Street and Klauzál Square was recognised with the Europe Nostra Award in 2004.