Szent György tér

Szent György tér (Saint George Square) at József Attila Avenue, received its name after an old church. The Saint George Church, probably built in the 13th century, stood at the side of the square closer to József Attila Avenue, in the place of Dózsa György Primary School at 7 Szent György tér. After the Turkish period the church was renovated, in the middle of the 19th century it was turned into a school and then it was torn down in 1907.



 

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail