Parks, Squares, Gardens, Rivers 21 results
  • Maros backwater

    The maros backwater was separated from the bend of river Maros in 1860 as part id the river-contolling operation. Now it is a more that 4 km long oxbow with a width of 10-15 m.
  • Saint Steven Square

    A nicely created park and a curiosity in the history of industry, the country's first water tower made of reinforced concrete await visitors in Saint Steven Square.
  • Botanical Garden

    When the University of Kolozsvár moved to Szeged in 1922, the city donated a land of 20 kh to it to establish a botanical garden.
  • Szent György tér

    Szent György tér (Saint George Square) at József Attila Avenue, received its name after an old ...
  • Arad Martyrs Square

    In the centre of the square of irregular shape stands the nicely proportioned equestrian statue of Ferenc Rákóczi II.
  • Béla Rerrich Square

    The square was named after the designer of the building complex in Dóm Square, the first remarkable figure in Hungarian landscape architecture.
  • Stefánia

    You can see the remnants of the gate Maria Teresia of the former castle behind the museum.
  • Glattfelder Gyula tér

    Gyula Glattfelder was born in Budapest in 1874 in a rich, Swabian, industrialist family from Mór. ...
  • Mátyás király tér

    Szeged was one of the favorite towns of King Matthias Corvinus. In 1456 John of Capistrano led his ...
  • Erzsébet Park

    Situated in Újszeged in the line of Belvárosi Bridge, the largest park of Szeged has an area of 15 hectares.
  • Klauzál Square

    The value preserving reconstruction of Kárász Street and Klauzál Square was recognised with the Europe Nostra Award in 2004.
  • Gergő woods

    The nature trail starts at the New Szeged-side of the Bertalan bridge, goes directly on the coast of the river Tisza and ends at the mouth of the river Maros (appr. by the memorial place of the old dike-reeve house). The walk is around 3 kilometers long.